Thursday, March 4, 2010

Counting the Days!

In 3 days I will be in San Francisco!

Although I managed to attend a couple of URJ (UAHC back then) Biennials as an excited youth grouper and college student, this will be my first time attending a CCAR Convention. I am very much looking forward to the convention programming in general, and a few things in particular:

1) Meeting Rachel Naomi Remen, author of My Grandfather's Blessings, and Peter Sagal, host of NPR's Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me (which I listen to as a podcast because it is always on during either Shabbat services or Religious School).

2) All of the opportunities we will have to discuss how our movement can accomodate the growing number of interfaith families in (or not in) our communities.

3) Catching up with my colleagues, some of whom I haven't seen since ordination (or before). We've been able to keep up with each other through social networking sites, email, and Skype, but nothing quite measures up to seeing each other panim al panim.

Shabbat Shalom and see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment