Monday, March 8, 2010

Start your Engines

It took long enough. What should have been a quick plane ride turned into a marathon as the ground hold kept my plane from taking off. Two and a half hours later I made it to the holy city of San Francisco. Not enough time to hit the opening program. That was frustrating.

But the lobby was buzzing at the Fairmont. Maybe as many people in the lobby shmoozing as in the session. It was great seeing so many friends! To me that is the essence of the CCAR conference. Really a time to connect with classmates, colleagues, former interns and former campers who are now the younger crop of our colleagues.

The opening banquet was particularly fun for me as I was able to welcome everyone on behalf of the PARR region and lead the Motzi! It was amazing to look out and see everyone gathered in one place. that is what I think we all have to remember. That even though we are spread across the world serving from Israel, to New Zealand, East Coast to the Gulf Coast, Canada to California
we rabbis are one kehilla kadosha. And this is our Beit Knesset-our Conference.

I am so glad to be here with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment